Seize the Year is committed to working with families to insure a meaningful and transformative experience for students who are graduating from high school or community colleges and moving into the next chapter of their lives.
We help students:
The options we explore include:
- Discover their passions
- Facilitate an understanding for the value of thinking critically about their future
- Create strategies for how to take responsibility for the choices they make
What is a Gap Year?
A Gap Year is a period of time when students take a break from their formal education to work, intern, volunteer, study or travel. Typically, this is the year:
- between completing high school and beginning college
- between compleing an AA degree at a community college and beginning your junior year at another college
- between your sophmore year and junior year in college
- between completing a BA degree and beginning a career
Why take a Gap Year?
There are many advantages to taking a well planned Gap Year after graduation including:
- Gaining life experience to enhance college applications
- Working to save money
- Exploring area of interest for potential career options
- Solidifying skills, knowledge and discipline